[Trump] An explanation?

Humor . . . need we say more?
walton
Site Admin

[Trump] An explanation?

Post by walton » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:26 am

I'm sure I am not the first to make this observation. It is independent of how you might have voted or what you feel about the current President:

I found myself saying to someone that Trump, with his Tweets and such, seems to occupy a different universe from most politicians. What universe? And it hit me . . . He's a Ferengi (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine). Modify the brow and the ears, and he does look a bit like Quark. But more, there are the Rules of Acquisition (see http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Rules_of_Acquisition). For example:

#1 Once you have their money, you never give it back.
#2 Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to.
#9 Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.
#10 Greed Is eternal.
#33 It never hurts to suck up to the boss.
#34 War is good for business.
#35 Peace is good for business.
#48 The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife.
#59 Free advice is seldom cheap.
#263 Never allow doubt to tarnish your lust for latinum.

There are many more, although the list is incomplete.

If you think about Quark, he was trustworthy and honorable, despite all appearances, but only in the keeping with the Rules of Acquisition.
Walton

Bleeds , free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations forCreateSpace users. Typography free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary and type specimen pages. Free list of free PDF downloads.